Organizations strive to produce more earnings and revenues through successful financial strategies and policies; financial specialists are considered assets! The finance field is related to investments and asset risk dynamics. Completing the PGDM course in Finance focuses on executing financial policies and understanding and evaluating investments. PGDM in Finance is a promising field, and many aspirants are seeking to complete their PGDM in Finance. In this blog, we will look at opportunities students will get after completing PGDM in Finance.
Overview Of PGDM Finance From VJIM
The finance department at VJIM offers a variety of specialized courses in the areas such as Financial statement analysis, Valuation, Investment Analysis, Portfolio Management, Risk Management, Mergers, Acquisitions, and Analytics, to name a few. These courses are designed to equip aspiring students with state-of-the-art knowledge in their areas of selection.
The students at VJIM have access to various financial databases like Euromonitor, Capitaline and other E-resources. The students are rigorously trained to use the live data from these databases and critically examine the data using various software such as R programming, Python, Tableau and Ms-Excel. In addition, the students undertake summer internship projects in Finance with reputed companies.
They also undertake mentorship projects in line with the industry using live data, which enhances their financial skill set. The Finance specialization also aims to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset within the student, who will be able to generate ideas and find solutions.
At the end of the course, the Finance students at VJIM will develop critical thinking, problem-solving ability and out-of-the-box thinking, making them competitive to be placed in organizations of repute.
Job Profiles After Completion of PGDM in Finance
Portfolio and Wealth Management
Retirement planning funds, tax preparation, and Investment portfolios are all examples of wealth management. Finance graduates who control these aspects should understand and know their client’s financial goals and short- and long-term strategies. In addition, they should be able to suggest investment portfolio management techniques. Portfolio management is a technique of matching financial goals to investments. Extensive research should be conducted regarding asset allocation and portfolio management.
- A bias for study and analysis, as well as a high level of data interpretation efficiency
- Individuals who have completed PGDM in Finance must be customer-focused and thoroughly understand financial markets, economics, and portfolio theory.
Investment Banker is one of the most pursued career paths in investment banking. It aids enterprises in obtaining funding for their operations. The job profile of Investment bankers includes managing assets, leveraging finances, following the market, and providing consultation on when to issue an FPO or IPO. It’s a high-paying job requiring a lot of travel, extra work, long hours, and a competitive sector.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Operate efficiently under high-stress and short deadlines
- Exceptional numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork and team leadership abilities.
- Self-assurance and the ability to make tough choices
- Critical and forthwith thinking capabilities.
As the name suggests, asset management manages assets and securities to achieve investment objectives.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Be well-versed in Math and Finance
- Highly structured and detail-oriented
- Negotiation and project management skills
Project finance is practised in the private sector. It includes industrial initiatives, public services, and long-term projects. The project’s cash flow determines repayment, and assets, rights, and interests are utilized as collateral.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Obtaining no-objection certificates (NOCs) from lenders for the sale of flats that they have financed
- Franking and execution of documents/mortgages for new loans
- Obtaining new project (assets) insurance and renewing current project insurance
- Documentation and renewal of BG/LC limits regularly
- Preparation of estimated cash flows for building proposals to the bank
Banking for Merchants
Consulting and banking services composed together with enterprises on financial matters is Merchant banking.
Paid consulting can be provided on issuing letters of credit, mergers and acquisitions, and trade consulting, among other things.
Following are the processes that are taught in PGDM Finance
- Maintaining client’s investment portfolios, Trading assets, and advising clients and institutions.
- Raising funds from international or domestic markets for the clients.
- Issuing shares and securities to support new initiatives.
Private Equity/Venture Capital
Venture capitalists are institutions that provide money to start-up companies and small businesses with long-term growth potential. Venture capital requires employees with technical and management expertise, as rich individuals, large financial institutions and banks are involved.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Private equity analysts must provide private company research, interpretations, and ratio analysis to their private equity firms.
- The selected individuals must manage investment portfolios of a company’s equity.
- Calculating the ROI and its usage.
- Examining investment benefits using financial modelling approaches and valuation methods
PGDM Finance Government Jobs
Jobs in government institutions are quite famous in India. With the PGDM – Finance certification course, students can go ahead and apply for the following government jobs.
- Management Trainee
As a fresher, a management trainee is one of the most significant posts. Government offices hire management trainees in various divisions such as Marketing, Finance, Human resources, etc.
- General Manager Posts in Bank & Other PSUs
Students can also apply for the post of general manager in banks and various other government institutions.
- Specialist Officer Job in Government Bank
A “Specialist Officer” position is open in government banks for PGDM students. Marketing Officers, and Personnel Officers, are some examples of special officers.
- Chief Executive Officer
This one is the form of upper management position for PGDM graduates in the public sector. This profile is highly sought, which may also need additional criteria.
- Junior and Senior Executive Jobs in PSUs and Banks
PSUs and government organizations hire junior and senior-level executives for Marketing, Human resources, Information Technology, Operations, etc.
PGDM in Finance offers lucrative opportunities in the investment and banking sector. The PGDM certification has a global reach and carries much weight in the employment market. The course aims to provide candidates with the necessary understanding and knowledge of economic markets and the global financial system. PGDM in Finance offers a plethora of rewarding prospects!
PGDM completed from institutes like Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management, is in huge demand. VJIM PGDM is approved by AICTE, accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS) and is ranked as a Platinum Institute, subsequently ranked amongst the 100 best B schools In India and is the 4th best B school in Hyderabad.
PGDM syllabus at VJIM indulges in Research and development and has a cutting-edge curriculum, industry internship, international exposure and much more.
Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management, Hyderabad, was established in 1993 to prepare students for careers in Entrepreneurship and Business Management by providing an innovative learning environment!
Admissions to PGDM are now open at VJIM, and it is time to take the plunge and work towards a bright and successful future.