Securing your admission at a top management institute in the country is only the first step towards building a successful corporate career. The next two years are going to be packed with learning experiences, inside and beyond the classroom. Not only will you get strong insights on management concepts but also gain practical exposure. And as you engage in extracurricular activities, you will be shaped into an outstanding professional and leader. But to make the most of your time at a B School, it’s important to stay organized.
There will always be more than one activity on campus that you want to participate in. There will be distractions that can take you off track. The game too has changed since the pandemic as a large part of the learning happens online. If you feel overwhelmed, buried under the responsibilities of projects, presentations, maintaining your GPA etc, then it’s time to put aside your fears and follow these simple steps. These tried and tested tips will enable you to stay organized in your management school and make the most of your time.
- Keep a planner where you make a note of all your important commitments. It can be a physical diary or a digital planner; it will take the burden off trying to do everything by memory. You won’t be missing deadlines and can breathe easy.
- Your days are going to be packed with assignments practically every day. That’s why experts recommend making a to-do list every night. Break down your responsibilities into smaller tasks, which will not only make them easier but build your confidence too.
- Some tasks or activities will always be more important than others. It makes sense to allocate certain amount of time for your high-priority tasks. It could be an assignment or an event you are organizing; allocating time will help you give it your best shot.
- Make no mistake; your B School is a high pressure environment. So it’s important to get enough rest whenever you can. Make it a habit to reward yourself after completing a task. It will help you stay motivated and feel refreshed for the next project.
- Today, as many MBA students are learning from home, it’s important to make your study space comfortable for you. Choose a room with good light and declutter the space as much as possible. Make sure you have a strong Internet connection.
- You will bring your best to online classrooms and assignments if you are completely comfortable. Take the effort to tidy up your work-desk at home and keep the room stocked up with essentials so that your comfort is not compromised.
These six steps help you stay organized and put your best step forward online and offline, in your management school.