Research at VJIM is focuses on providing practical solutions to real life business problems. It aims at linking the academic domain of theory with the application dynamics of the industry. Often, academic research sits perched in an ivory tower, entrapped in intricate models articulating fanciful relationships, cut away from reality. However, VJIM strives to break these fetters and produce research which the real world can connect with. Innovation and market relevance has been the hallmark of our research.
Research Cell Objectives
- To foster research environment within VJIM.
- To encourage research publications in reputed journals and
- To mobilise the publicationof institutional journal and working paper series thereby enriching the intellectual capital of the institute.
- To approach external organizations and funding agencies.
- To encourage Faculty members to undertake more research activities either by involving them in the Cell’s projectsand/ or assisting in their Ph.Ds, publication of articles and books.
- To assist the MSME Cell’s research endeavours.
VJIM believes in the principle “Publish or Perish”. Our research strategy is focused on the 3P’s: Publish Projects and Promote.
The Institution has identified the following thrust areas for formal funding applications.
In terms of sectors, the thrust areas are
- Banking and Financial services
In terms of competencies, the thrust areas are
- Big Data
- Corporate Governance
- Competency models
- Green Supply Chain
- Talent Management
- Project Appraisal and Financing
- Customer delivery models
Consider this – in the past 5 years alone, VJIM has made a mark for itself in the industry by publishing around 30 articles in eminent national journals and 16 articles in prominent international journals. We have presented 37 papers in national conferences and 24 papers in international conferences spanning across all the functional areas of management. Our faculty has demonstrated proven competencies in M&A, Customer satisfaction and loyalty, Capital markets, and Brand management, winning international acclaim for their work in these areas.
|S.No.||Details of Publications||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014|
|2||Papers Presented in National Journals||8||3||7||4||5|
|3||Papers Presented in International Journals||2||2||7||2||3|
|4||Papers Presented in National Seminars||3||8||11||10||2|
|5||Papers Presented in International Seminars||2||4||6||3||9|