The Centre for Sustainable Development & Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a joint initiative of Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management (VJIM) and VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering & technology (VNRVJIET) bringing together the disciplines of engineering and management to take up research and consultancy in sustainable development. The Centre was inaugurated by Shri. Krishna Babu IAS, Commissioner, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation on 18th October 2013 The Center was opened with an inaugural seminar on an emerging topic “Land-Fill Free Initiatives”. A galaxy of speakers, consisting of highly successful entrepreneurs, policy makers from government and academicians deliberated on the topic “Land-Fill Free Initiates”. The speakers with their topics of the Seminar were:
- Seminar Chair- Mr. Mukesh Gulati, Executive Director, Foundation for MSME Clusters, New Delhi on Eco Environment
- Mr.BK Soni, Chairman & Managing Director of Eco Recycling Ltd on “Act Before Nature Reacts”
- Mr.Durgaprasad, Founder of Creative Mind entity on ‘Green Technologies’
- Mr.Gunaranjan, Founder of United Care Development Services on Don’t Waste, Donate Waste
- Brig (Retd) P Ganesham, VSM, Founder President, Pallesrujana – A VO pursuing Rural creativity and Coordinator, Honeybee AP, National Innovation Foundation , on CSR for a sustainable impact .
The research activities of the Centre would cover sustainable development issues in water, development, urban environment and energy demand. Management consultancy would focus on sustainability assessment and CSR. An essential component of the centre’s approach is the cooperation with other institutions and organizations in order to make use of existing information, research, capacity, (best practice) experience and ongoing initiatives in the different areas of sustainable development.